Yesterday a school shooting was quickly stopped before it escalated further thanks to an armed guard being on campus.
A student opened fire at his middle school Thursday afternoon, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an armed officer working at the school was able to get the gun away, police said.
Multiple shots were fired in the courtyard of Price Middle School just south of downtown around 1:50 p.m. and the one boy was hit, Atlanta Police Chief George Turner said. In the aftermath, a teacher received minor cuts, he said.
- Rally point: Should Obama start talking about combat forces now? Ed Morrissey 30 mins ago
- International community concerned America violating international law by striking Syria? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Jihadi social media: Khorasan Group leader Muhsin al-Fadhli killed in U.S. airstrikes in Syria Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- NYT: On second thought, Bush did pull together a coalition on Iraq Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- U.S. had Assad’s cooperation during strikes on targets in Syria Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Open thread: War president to address nation after targeting ISIS, Khorasan in Syria Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago