As Guy wrote this week, liberals are arguing spending doesn't lead to deficits or more debt. During his final press conference of his first term Monday, President Obama argued that his vote against raising the debt ceiling in 2006 came at a time when things were "different," and that Republicans shouldn't be hesitating to increase the debt ceiling this time around. Yesterday on Neil Cavuto's show, Democratic Rep. Jan Schakosky argued that Democrats voting against a debt ceiling increase in 2006 wasn't "real."
- ISIS Update: Sophisticated strategic advance puts Baghdad in the crosshairs Noah Rothman 43 minutes ago
- Ways and Means Committee: We’ve learned that Lois Lerner’s hard drive was scratched — but data was recoverable Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The value in silence: disconnection and recollection Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Semi-retired president reluctantly decides now’s not the time for a Jimmy Kimmel guest shot Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Madeleine Albright: Hamas putting civilians in line of fire hurts Israel’s ‘moral authority’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- FAA orders 24-hour moratorium on US to Tel Aviv over missile worries Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago