Earlier today I posted an NBC News report about the type of weapons Adam Lanza used during his Sandy Hook rampage. That report was from December 15 and contained false information. According to the Newtown coroner, Lanza used a semi-automatic AR-15, not four handguns as the report said. The entire post has been retracted. I apologize for the error.
While it may be true Lanza used a semi-automatic AR-15 military-style rifle for the sake of argument let's say he chose to use his two handguns. Would we then be having all this howling for ban on military-style rifles? I've heard it argued that if he had used the handguns he would not have been able to kill as many but I find that argument speculative and self-serving. Lanza had plenty of time. He was facing a group of terrified, helpless 6 year old children and he was going to have his way regardless. If the Obama regime really wants to prevent another tragedy such as this the only ban should be on gun-free zones where virtually all these horrors take place.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago