If you fail to see the picture as clearly as the president, you may be an extremist or, more than likely, you're too feeble-minded to withstand the Jedi mind tricks employed by gun merchants or radio talk show hosts or the National Rifle Association or all those folks "ginning up fear" on the issue, according to a president who trots out 7-year-olds to shield...
You are obviously confused. We are not a constitutional democracy but a constitutional republic. There's a huge difference. The same saf.org website has a faq on gun rights with a section on the founders original intent which is in direct contradiction to your claims. Unfortunately the Constitution has been so corrupted over the years by politicians lusting for power that government has grown far too large for a citizenry to protect itself either through armed resistance or the ballot box. What we are rapidly becoming is a socialist democracy and if you love to see anarchy you're in for a good time real soon.
When Barack Obama implored Americans to "do the right thing" on gun restriction during a news conference this week, the "right thing" should have been obvious to everyone. Absolute moral authority -- it's the only way to go.
- Be of good cheer, subjects: An heir to the throne is due Allahpundit 29 minutes ago
- Megan McArdle goes off on suspicious Census Bureau/Obamacare methodology switch Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Chris Christie on punishing drug users: If we’re going to be pro-life, let’s be pro-life all the way Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The encore ObamaCare victory lap after the not-a-deadline-extension Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Eric Cantor: Obama and I totally had an angry conversation about immigration yesterday Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- America’s new labor battle: SEIU versus … Media Matters Allahpundit 3 hours ago