If you fail to see the picture as clearly as the president, you may be an extremist or, more than likely, you're too feeble-minded to withstand the Jedi mind tricks employed by gun merchants or radio talk show hosts or the National Rifle Association or all those folks "ginning up fear" on the issue, according to a president who trots out 7-year-olds to shield...
You are obviously confused. We are not a constitutional democracy but a constitutional republic. There's a huge difference. The same saf.org website has a faq on gun rights with a section on the founders original intent which is in direct contradiction to your claims. Unfortunately the Constitution has been so corrupted over the years by politicians lusting for power that government has grown far too large for a citizenry to protect itself either through armed resistance or the ballot box. What we are rapidly becoming is a socialist democracy and if you love to see anarchy you're in for a good time real soon.
When Barack Obama implored Americans to "do the right thing" on gun restriction during a news conference this week, the "right thing" should have been obvious to everyone. Absolute moral authority -- it's the only way to go.
- Super-sized: Man loses 56 lbs eating nothing but McDonald’s Allahpundit 14 minutes ago
- Uh oh: Reports claim Ukrainian air force base in Sevastopol has been stormed by pro-Russian forces Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- McCain: I want Ted Cruz to apologize to Bob Dole Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Shock poll: Americans overwhelmingly favor building the Keystone XL pipeline Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Obama: Everyone wants a little R-S-P-E-C-T Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Juan Williams: Treatment of Condi Rice by Rutgers a hateful liberal double standard for black conservatives Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago