If you fail to see the picture as clearly as the president, you may be an extremist or, more than likely, you're too feeble-minded to withstand the Jedi mind tricks employed by gun merchants or radio talk show hosts or the National Rifle Association or all those folks "ginning up fear" on the issue, according to a president who trots out 7-year-olds to shield...
While some of the founders did consider the 2nd amendment a protection against a tyrannical government that is no longer a realistic possibility. The fate of the Branch Davidians at Waco demonstrated that quite well. The role of the gun in today's society is as a deterrent. When that deterrent is not present it's an open invitation to lunatic mass-killers as we've seen demonstrated repeatedly. So why do we continue to cling to the horribly mistaken idea that the gun-free zone protects children? Are liberals so willing to deliberately sacrifice children on the altar of Progressivism to advance their agenda of government control?
When Barack Obama implored Americans to "do the right thing" on gun restriction during a news conference this week, the "right thing" should have been obvious to everyone. Absolute moral authority -- it's the only way to go.
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 18 hours ago