If you fail to see the picture as clearly as the president, you may be an extremist or, more than likely, you're too feeble-minded to withstand the Jedi mind tricks employed by gun merchants or radio talk show hosts or the National Rifle Association or all those folks "ginning up fear" on the issue, according to a president who trots out 7-year-olds to shield...
While some of the founders did consider the 2nd amendment a protection against a tyrannical government that is no longer a realistic possibility. The fate of the Branch Davidians at Waco demonstrated that quite well. The role of the gun in today's society is as a deterrent. When that deterrent is not present it's an open invitation to lunatic mass-killers as we've seen demonstrated repeatedly. So why do we continue to cling to the horribly mistaken idea that the gun-free zone protects children? Are liberals so willing to deliberately sacrifice children on the altar of Progressivism to advance their agenda of government control?
When Barack Obama implored Americans to "do the right thing" on gun restriction during a news conference this week, the "right thing" should have been obvious to everyone. Absolute moral authority -- it's the only way to go.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 8 hours ago