Last week, another Republican congressman, Howard Coble of North Carolina, agreed that "it's more of a mental health problem than a gun problem right now." And last Friday, when the National Rifle Association broke its silence on the Sandy Hook massacre, the group's executive vice president, Wayne LaPierre, called for "an active national database of...
What typifies the Left is they are essentially emotionally driven. After tragic events like Newtown they typically explode. Flooding the NRA or people supporting the 2nd amendment with death threats is typical. These type of emotional explosions are also typical of the behaviour of most of the criminals who commit mass murders. I also note that since Obama was elected the number of mass shootings has increased markedly. As the president flits about the country stoking the fires of social unrest one must wonder what his role and responsibility is in all the violence.
The day of Adam Lanza's murderous assault on Sandy Hook Elementary School, Mike Rogers said stricter gun control would not be an appropriate response. "The more realistic discussion," said the Republican congressman from Michigan, "is how do we target people with mental illness who use firearms?"
- Putin signals total disregard for the West as rebels take down two more Ukrainian planes Noah Rothman 18 minutes ago
- US intel: MH17 missile an SA-11 fired from eastern Ukraine Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- White House giving up fight over Obamacare’s contraception mandate? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Kerry arrives in Israel for cease-fire talks Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 12 hours ago