Last week, another Republican congressman, Howard Coble of North Carolina, agreed that "it's more of a mental health problem than a gun problem right now." And last Friday, when the National Rifle Association broke its silence on the Sandy Hook massacre, the group's executive vice president, Wayne LaPierre, called for "an active national database of...
What typifies the Left is they are essentially emotionally driven. After tragic events like Newtown they typically explode. Flooding the NRA or people supporting the 2nd amendment with death threats is typical. These type of emotional explosions are also typical of the behaviour of most of the criminals who commit mass murders. I also note that since Obama was elected the number of mass shootings has increased markedly. As the president flits about the country stoking the fires of social unrest one must wonder what his role and responsibility is in all the violence.
The day of Adam Lanza's murderous assault on Sandy Hook Elementary School, Mike Rogers said stricter gun control would not be an appropriate response. "The more realistic discussion," said the Republican congressman from Michigan, "is how do we target people with mental illness who use firearms?"
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 29 minutes ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Jeb Bush announces: I’m officially thinking of running for president Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Udall’s first ad in Colorado: The war-on-womenizing we’ve been waiting for Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago