Last week, another Republican congressman, Howard Coble of North Carolina, agreed that "it's more of a mental health problem than a gun problem right now." And last Friday, when the National Rifle Association broke its silence on the Sandy Hook massacre, the group's executive vice president, Wayne LaPierre, called for "an active national database of...
What typifies the Left is they are essentially emotionally driven. After tragic events like Newtown they typically explode. Flooding the NRA or people supporting the 2nd amendment with death threats is typical. These type of emotional explosions are also typical of the behaviour of most of the criminals who commit mass murders. I also note that since Obama was elected the number of mass shootings has increased markedly. As the president flits about the country stoking the fires of social unrest one must wonder what his role and responsibility is in all the violence.
The day of Adam Lanza's murderous assault on Sandy Hook Elementary School, Mike Rogers said stricter gun control would not be an appropriate response. "The more realistic discussion," said the Republican congressman from Michigan, "is how do we target people with mental illness who use firearms?"
- WaPo/ABC poll shows 50% support Obama’s handling of ISIS now Ed Morrissey 24 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 12 hours ago