Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
We're still waiting for the investigation into Adam Lanza's background. I think it's safe to say Lanza was not a rabid tea-partier or the media would have been trumpeting that from on-high. It has been reported that Lanza had violent emotional outbursts and I can think of only one group displaying similar behavior, routinely issuing death threats to anyone they're trying to intimidate. The Left.
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- “Gas the Jews”: Supporters of Hamas run riot in French city, smash Jewish shops Allahpundit 28 minutes ago
- Investigation reveals Obamacare is a fraudster’s dream come true Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Ukraine rebel leader: Yeah, we had a BUK system — and sent it back to Russia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Did Cuomo obstruct his own anti-corruption crusade? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Planned Parenthood teen sex education: You could get tied to a tree … Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Paul Ryan, 2016? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago