The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
Bush would be a better alternative than any of the progressive in the Jackazz Party.
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 20 hours ago