The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
Bush would be a better alternative than any of the progressive in the Jackazz Party.
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Obamacare users pitched for voter registration Jazz Shaw 36 mins ago
- New flier from Georgia Democrats: You must vote in November to … prevent another Ferguson Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The (still) shifting transcripts of the President’s remarks Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Bombshell: Mark Pryor called desegregation of schools a ‘figurative’ invasion Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Homeland Security announces new travel restrictions on Ebola countries that, er, aren’t so new Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm and the big return Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago