Many established beliefs about presidential politics have been proved false by Obama's reelection: 1.) The idea that, when unemployment is above 7 percent, incumbents fail; 2.) The notion that incumbent presidents who...
Mona My kind of white man supported women’s rights, civil rights and the equality of men. Now the general population voted against Romney because he represents the white man? How else to explain a vote against the best interests of the people? So now I stop. I stop fighting for the equality of minorities. You see, given the freedom of the vote, minorities wind up voting against the very people that gave that minority equality. There is a danger here you do not see: When people who have fought for your freedoms get trampled to a liberal sense of race retribution, it makes enemies of those who most fervently fought for the minority right to vote and thus be part of the great civilization. I give up. I no longer support racist minorities.
Even when the economy is terrible, when the incumbent Democratic president has not been able to demonstrate success on job creation or growth, and even when the standard of living for Americans is declining on his watch, the country will choose a Democrat "who cares about the problems of people like me" over the Republican. That alone is enough to make Republican heads spin for some time.
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 44 minutes ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 8 hours ago