Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
Infringed: 1.to commit a breach or infraction of; violate or transgress: to infringe a copyright; to infringe a rule. verb (used without object) 2. to encroach or trespass (usually followed by on or upon ): Don't infringe on his privacy. Shall not be infringed. Government MUST NOT commit a breach of, or encroach upon the right OF THE PEOPLE to KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. It seems pretty clear to me what it meant by the words in the 2nd Amendment. What do you liberals think it means, wtmoore1?
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 19 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 19 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 20 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 21 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 21 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 21 hours ago