Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
Infringed: 1.to commit a breach or infraction of; violate or transgress: to infringe a copyright; to infringe a rule. verb (used without object) 2. to encroach or trespass (usually followed by on or upon ): Don't infringe on his privacy. Shall not be infringed. Government MUST NOT commit a breach of, or encroach upon the right OF THE PEOPLE to KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. It seems pretty clear to me what it meant by the words in the 2nd Amendment. What do you liberals think it means, wtmoore1?
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 42 mins ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Stemwinder: Rand Paul rips Obama’s Syria plan, McCain, Kerry, Hillary, interventionists, anti-war hypocrites, you name it Allahpundit 4 hours ago