Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
Infringed: 1.to commit a breach or infraction of; violate or transgress: to infringe a copyright; to infringe a rule. verb (used without object) 2. to encroach or trespass (usually followed by on or upon ): Don't infringe on his privacy. Shall not be infringed. Government MUST NOT commit a breach of, or encroach upon the right OF THE PEOPLE to KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. It seems pretty clear to me what it meant by the words in the 2nd Amendment. What do you liberals think it means, wtmoore1?
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Scarborough: Golfing after that statement on ISIS shows terrorists that Obama’s one cold bastard Allahpundit 12 mins ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Sen. Rob Portman, Michael Caspino Ed Morrissey 33 mins ago
- That ISIS guy who promised to raise Islamic flag over the White House? He’s dead Noah Rothman 52 mins ago
- Remembering James Foley and his work Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NY Daily News cover blasts Obama for vacation return after Foley murder Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Dems fret that ISIS will force America to return to Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago