Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
The Clinton Justice Dept. funded a study conducted by a liberal think tank to determine the number of times a gun was used in a justifiable self defense action. That doesn't mean the perpetrator was killed, shot, or even shot at. The number they arrived at was an estimate of somewhere between 850K and 1.5 million times every year in the USA. The study was immediately spiked. Gee, I wonder why. In all things we do, we need to weigh the risks against the benefits. Liberals like Dan_AZ, when it comes to gun rights, only want us to focus on the risks and completely ignore the benefits. Bad idea!
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 34 minutes ago
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago