For the past two months we've been hearing from progressives and certain politicians like Chuck Schumer that groups like the NRA and gun owners sit on the "fringe" of American society. Considering there are an estimated 60-90 million gun owners in America, that argument hardly holds water, but that hasn't stopped the media from reporting it. We saw MSNBC's Toure essentially say he thinks law abiding gun owners should be treated like sex offenders after The Journal News published the names, addresses and a detailed map of where gun permit holders living in Westchester County, New York. We've seen CNN...
...I'll bet many gun owners don't understand what the progressives are referring to when they ask about "universal background checks". Many probably think that means background checks at gun dealers and gun shows, which we already have. The only exception at gun shows are the very limited and few private sales which are conducted. Some gun show promoters do not allow ANY private sales, as the gun dealers who are the main supporters of the shows don't like having to compete with private sales. Ask gun owners if they feel a background check should be conducted if they want to sell a gun to a well known friend, a family member, or a close relative. I'll bet they say, "NOPE".
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago