To put this in context, I don’t own a gun and I’m not a member of the NRA (although...
Exactly right. Never compromise on your liberty. To do so is to lose some of it. Once gone it's virtually impossible to get it back. Getting it back will be long and arduous struggle, and there will be no guarantee of success. Possession is 9/10ths of the law. Possession of your freedom is 100% of your life when you get down to brass tacks.
When speaking with swing voters (yes, there really are some truly moderate people left), I often encounter a fierce animus against the gridlock in Washington. They typically blame both political parties for the inability of our leaders to resolve the issues of the day. I reply by informing them that we have entered a period of little compromise. Among the reasons for this environment is Wayne LaPierre and the NRA, and what they’ve caused is not necessarily a bad thing.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria; Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 12 hours ago