To put this in context, I don’t own a gun and I’m not a member of the NRA (although...
Exactly right. Never compromise on your liberty. To do so is to lose some of it. Once gone it's virtually impossible to get it back. Getting it back will be long and arduous struggle, and there will be no guarantee of success. Possession is 9/10ths of the law. Possession of your freedom is 100% of your life when you get down to brass tacks.
When speaking with swing voters (yes, there really are some truly moderate people left), I often encounter a fierce animus against the gridlock in Washington. They typically blame both political parties for the inability of our leaders to resolve the issues of the day. I reply by informing them that we have entered a period of little compromise. Among the reasons for this environment is Wayne LaPierre and the NRA, and what they’ve caused is not necessarily a bad thing.
- TEMS Thursday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 30 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 13 hours ago