To put this in context, I don’t own a gun and I’m not a member of the NRA (although...
Exactly right. Never compromise on your liberty. To do so is to lose some of it. Once gone it's virtually impossible to get it back. Getting it back will be long and arduous struggle, and there will be no guarantee of success. Possession is 9/10ths of the law. Possession of your freedom is 100% of your life when you get down to brass tacks.
When speaking with swing voters (yes, there really are some truly moderate people left), I often encounter a fierce animus against the gridlock in Washington. They typically blame both political parties for the inability of our leaders to resolve the issues of the day. I reply by informing them that we have entered a period of little compromise. Among the reasons for this environment is Wayne LaPierre and the NRA, and what they’ve caused is not necessarily a bad thing.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 8 hours ago