Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
There's a message in Dr. Williams post which he doesn't really touch on. It's there however. That message is that the hippies from the 60's have basically grabbed the power levers which control our nation and society. Remember one of the hippies most common slogans: Peace, Love, Dope? Think about how that ties into their thinking today. Peace: no guns. Love: open and free sex with abortions available anytime, on the taxpayers dime. Dope: legalized marijuana, psychotropic drugs to treat the mentally unstable so that they can be part of the culture and enjoy the utopian dream. But, like it was in the 60's, violence always accompanies the dream. Same in communist and socialist countries. See Nazi Germany, USSR, N.Korea, &modern day Greece.
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- This could be the most embarrassing New York Times editorial ever Noah Rothman 30 mins ago
- IG: Secret Service op on behalf of employee in neighborhood dispute “problematic” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Jeanne Shaheen’s victory lap on chemical weapons in Syria exposes ignorance Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Autopsy shows Michael Brown shot twice at close range Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Christie “tired of hearing about the minimum wage.” Mistake? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Dems: We’re keeping Pelosi even if we lose Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago