Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
There's a message in Dr. Williams post which he doesn't really touch on. It's there however. That message is that the hippies from the 60's have basically grabbed the power levers which control our nation and society. Remember one of the hippies most common slogans: Peace, Love, Dope? Think about how that ties into their thinking today. Peace: no guns. Love: open and free sex with abortions available anytime, on the taxpayers dime. Dope: legalized marijuana, psychotropic drugs to treat the mentally unstable so that they can be part of the culture and enjoy the utopian dream. But, like it was in the 60's, violence always accompanies the dream. Same in communist and socialist countries. See Nazi Germany, USSR, N.Korea, &modern day Greece.
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Senate’s possible 2016 hopefuls gambling that ISIS war will be unpopular soon Noah Rothman 30 mins ago
- Biden to women’s conference: I miss Republicans like Bob Packwood Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Bob Beckel: Get ready for an October surprise, Republicans Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Josh Earnest: Ignore Obama’s military critics because they served under Bush Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago