Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
There's a message in Dr. Williams post which he doesn't really touch on. It's there however. That message is that the hippies from the 60's have basically grabbed the power levers which control our nation and society. Remember one of the hippies most common slogans: Peace, Love, Dope? Think about how that ties into their thinking today. Peace: no guns. Love: open and free sex with abortions available anytime, on the taxpayers dime. Dope: legalized marijuana, psychotropic drugs to treat the mentally unstable so that they can be part of the culture and enjoy the utopian dream. But, like it was in the 60's, violence always accompanies the dream. Same in communist and socialist countries. See Nazi Germany, USSR, N.Korea, &modern day Greece.
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 2 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 3 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago