Romney noted in his speech last Saturday...
In response to:
Bob Barr, you are the idiot I thought you are. First of all, we don't need a "comprehensive" energy plan. The Energy Department has been a failure since its inception. Far better that we "simply" disband Energy Department and then very "simply" lift all the drilling bans in ANWR, Offshore and government land in the interior. Turn the patch loose and watch a bunch of oilpatch warriors turn the patch upside down. Secondly, T. Boone Pickens is a chameleon. I wouldn't want him overseeing a cockfight, much less our energy policy.
With only the formality of the Republican National Convention standing between them and the November election, the “Comeback Team” of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan has a little less than three months in which to convince a majority of the American electorate it is better equipped to govern the country for the next four years than its Democrat counterpart. If these two Republican leaders wish to get a jump start on accomplishing that goal, there is one person with whom they quickly should set up an appointment – Texan T. Boone Pickens.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago