Romney noted in his speech last Saturday...
In response to:
Bob Barr, you are the idiot I thought you are. First of all, we don't need a "comprehensive" energy plan. The Energy Department has been a failure since its inception. Far better that we "simply" disband Energy Department and then very "simply" lift all the drilling bans in ANWR, Offshore and government land in the interior. Turn the patch loose and watch a bunch of oilpatch warriors turn the patch upside down. Secondly, T. Boone Pickens is a chameleon. I wouldn't want him overseeing a cockfight, much less our energy policy.
With only the formality of the Republican National Convention standing between them and the November election, the “Comeback Team” of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan has a little less than three months in which to convince a majority of the American electorate it is better equipped to govern the country for the next four years than its Democrat counterpart. If these two Republican leaders wish to get a jump start on accomplishing that goal, there is one person with whom they quickly should set up an appointment – Texan T. Boone Pickens.
- Sen. Bernie Sanders confronted by constituents: ‘F*** Israel!’ Noah Rothman 42 mins ago
- Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder, says … Chris Matthews? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Decision to release details of failed raid to free James Foley backfires on White House Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Philadelphia mayor prepares to fund Russian mob with new cigarette tax Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago