The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
Jeff Bush is one of the few Republicans who could win in 2016. His policies on social issues are much more acceptable to what has become the norm in th United States.
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- McCain to Rand Paul: Have you ever been to Syria and met with ISIS like I have? Allahpundit 40 mins ago
- Sure sounds like Mike Huckabee is thinking of running for president Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Ukraine parliament approves EU pact, eastern autonomy as fighting continues Ed Morrissey 2 hour ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Ron Fournier, Aaron Klein, Fr. Bill Miscamble Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Great news: On taxes, the US beats France, Portugal, and … that’s about it Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama’s request for authorization to arm the Syrian “moderates” is a sound one Allahpundit 3 hours ago