Those who talk glibly about redistribution often act as if people are just inert objects that can be placed here and there, like pieces on a chess board, to carry out some grand design. But if human beings have their own responses to government policies,...
There are two fundamental issues at play, here. The first is your intellectual dishonesty in trying to separate redistribution of wealth into separate buckets (one that you approve of and the other that you don't). The second is that your idea of a "fair society" is one where children starve, families go homeless, and our economy collapses due to an un-educated workforce simply because you are offended by the abuse in the system.
The recently discovered tape on which Barack Obama said back in 1998 that he believes in redistribution is not really news. He said the same thing to Joe the Plumber four years ago. But the surfacing of this tape may serve a useful purpose if it gets people to thinking about what the consequences of redistribution are.
- Fox News primetime hits record high ratings, MSNBC falls to record lows Gabriel Malor 14 mins ago
- Marquette poll: Walker now leads outside the margin of error, tops 50 percent support Guy Benson 55 mins ago
- The new New Math: Byzantine subtraction in Common Core Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Wow: WH says it learned about the Secret Service’s security breach in the CDC elevator … yesterday Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Paul Ryan: I’m not running for president if Mitt Romney runs Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Breaking: Pierson resigns Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago