Those who talk glibly about redistribution often act as if people are just inert objects that can be placed here and there, like pieces on a chess board, to carry out some grand design. But if human beings have their own responses to government policies,...
There are two fundamental issues at play, here. The first is your intellectual dishonesty in trying to separate redistribution of wealth into separate buckets (one that you approve of and the other that you don't). The second is that your idea of a "fair society" is one where children starve, families go homeless, and our economy collapses due to an un-educated workforce simply because you are offended by the abuse in the system.
The recently discovered tape on which Barack Obama said back in 1998 that he believes in redistribution is not really news. He said the same thing to Joe the Plumber four years ago. But the surfacing of this tape may serve a useful purpose if it gets people to thinking about what the consequences of redistribution are.
- Paul vs. Perry, Round 2: Rand says Rick is ‘stuck in the past’ Noah Rothman 32 minutes ago
- Israel shoots down Hamas drone as escalation continues Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 17 hours ago