Those who talk glibly about redistribution often act as if people are just inert objects that can be placed here and there, like pieces on a chess board, to carry out some grand design. But if human beings have their own responses to government policies,...
When the government takes your money and gives it to a soldier, it is redistributing *your* money to the soldier's pocket. Same thing with teachers (State) and police/fire fighters (Local). As long as there is a societal benefit from this redistribution, then I am not sure what the problem is? Are there instances where government redistribution isn't beneficial? Sure - just look at congress about all your money that's been re-distributed to those clowns. And, if the argument is making redistribution more efficient, that's fine. Just don't insult the intelligence of your audience by pretending it's a "socialist" idea, ok?
The recently discovered tape on which Barack Obama said back in 1998 that he believes in redistribution is not really news. He said the same thing to Joe the Plumber four years ago. But the surfacing of this tape may serve a useful purpose if it gets people to thinking about what the consequences of redistribution are.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago