President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
When it came to Obama's speech, I followed the lead of Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito. I was absent.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 41 minutes ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago