Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
It is too bad that faux conservative McConnell is not as so incredulous about the constant printing and issuing of credit by The Ben Bernanke and his cohort Geithner as he seems to find it convenient to be about spending and taxing facets of the budget. But then, not only would that require some actual mental exercise, it would also require breaking away from the bipartisan globalist agenda to bury this country in Keynesian detritus. It is our turn to laugh out loud at the so-called conservatism of McConnell, Graham, Boehner, and the rest of the sots we keep installing to our own demise.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago