Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
It is too bad that faux conservative McConnell is not as so incredulous about the constant printing and issuing of credit by The Ben Bernanke and his cohort Geithner as he seems to find it convenient to be about spending and taxing facets of the budget. But then, not only would that require some actual mental exercise, it would also require breaking away from the bipartisan globalist agenda to bury this country in Keynesian detritus. It is our turn to laugh out loud at the so-called conservatism of McConnell, Graham, Boehner, and the rest of the sots we keep installing to our own demise.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago