Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
It is too bad that faux conservative McConnell is not as so incredulous about the constant printing and issuing of credit by The Ben Bernanke and his cohort Geithner as he seems to find it convenient to be about spending and taxing facets of the budget. But then, not only would that require some actual mental exercise, it would also require breaking away from the bipartisan globalist agenda to bury this country in Keynesian detritus. It is our turn to laugh out loud at the so-called conservatism of McConnell, Graham, Boehner, and the rest of the sots we keep installing to our own demise.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 16 hours ago