Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
It is too bad that faux conservative McConnell is not as so incredulous about the constant printing and issuing of credit by The Ben Bernanke and his cohort Geithner as he seems to find it convenient to be about spending and taxing facets of the budget. But then, not only would that require some actual mental exercise, it would also require breaking away from the bipartisan globalist agenda to bury this country in Keynesian detritus. It is our turn to laugh out loud at the so-called conservatism of McConnell, Graham, Boehner, and the rest of the sots we keep installing to our own demise.
- Ukrainian President warns joint session of Congress of the ‘new Cold War’ Noah Rothman 50 mins ago
- Open thread: Will Scotland declare independence? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Syrian rebels openly admit: We’re going to use America’s money to fight Assad, not just ISIS Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- VA: Actually, those secret wait lists did have something to do with the deaths Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Alexandra Jaffe, Eliana Johnson Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Politics of man who sought to firebomb black congressman’s office won’t surprise you Noah Rothman 3 hours ago