While we were en route to the Golan plateau,...
Well, you have to take a lesson in history Herman. It's called keeping one's obligations. We have treaties to defend Israel. I understand that liberals don't seem to understand the concept of being responsible for one's actions and decisions, but keeping your word tends to obligate others to keep theirs. If you refuse to stand by your allies (don't forget that MANY Israeli citizens also have US citizenship as well) who will want to be your ally? Israel has the best intelligence agency in the world because they aren't hampered by unrealistic behavioral standards. There entire population understands that they have enemies that must be dealt with, far too much of ours thinks we can solve the world's problems with Koolaid and "Kumbaya"
TIBERIAS, Israel -- Atop the Golan Heights, there are thousands of fruit trees, vineyards, acres of wheat, vegetables, herds of cattle and a half-million or more land mines. The livestock and produce were brought here and cultivated by Israeli citizen-soldiers -- people who beat their swords into plowshares to wrest farmland from a battlefield. The land mines were planted by the Syrian army. The Golan plateau is an object lesson for American policymakers who believe that the Israelis need only trade a little more land in exchange for peace. It just isn't so.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel’s killing his political future by contesting the Mississippi runoff results Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Watch Jake Tapper embarrass pro-Hamas attorney Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Joe Scarborough: Glenn Beck is following Jesus’s playbook in providing humanitarian aid to young illegals Allahpundit 12 hours ago