If there was a prize for fighting back against tax authorities, the Italians would probably deserve first place. I’m not aware of any other country where tax offices get firebombed. The Italians also believe in passive forms of resistance, with tens of thousands of boat owners sailing away to protect themselves from the government.
But the Spanish are beginning to get into the swing of things, perhaps because they are increasingly upset by the plethora of tax hikes imposed by the supposedly right-of-center government in Madrid.
Here’s part of a
- International community concerned America violating international law by striking Syria? Noah Rothman 21 mins ago
- Jihadi social media: Khorasan Group leader Muhsin al-Fadhli killed in U.S. airstrikes in Syria Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- NYT: On second thought, Bush did pull together a coalition on Iraq Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- U.S. had Assad’s cooperation during strikes on targets in Syria Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Open thread: War president to address nation after targeting ISIS, Khorasan in Syria Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Yemen’s capital under near total control of Shiite rebels following bloody offensive Noah Rothman 3 hours ago