Saudi Arabia has long been the only country in the world that does not allow women to drive. Now, there appears to be a new development in controlling the movements of its female population: the Kingdom has reportedly introduced an electronic tracking system alerting male guardians when a woman has left the country.
Reports emerged of the system last week when Manal al-Sherif, a women’s rights campaigner who has urged women to defy the driving ban, was alerted by...
Rudyard Kipling, It's called The Gods of The Copybook Headings.
Remember the “war on women” the GOP is supposedly waging? I wonder what progressive women would dub this:
- Jihadi social media: Khorasan Group leader Muhsin al-Fadhli killed in U.S. airstrikes in Syria Allahpundit 31 mins ago
- NYT: On second thought, Bush did pull together a coalition on Iraq Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- U.S. had Assad’s cooperation during strikes on targets in Syria Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Open thread: War president to address nation after targeting ISIS, Khorasan in Syria Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Yemen’s capital under near total control of Shiite rebels following bloody offensive Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- US hits Khorasan group in air strikes on Syria Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago