Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
YEP, a gun ban and strict gun laws don't work in one place so let's put them in place everywhere. That makes a lot of sense, to an IDIOT!!
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago