Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
YEP, a gun ban and strict gun laws don't work in one place so let's put them in place everywhere. That makes a lot of sense, to an IDIOT!!
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Video: Don Lemon claims “most people” can buy automatic weapons in America Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- Video: The shooting of Kajieme Powell Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Perry grand juror also a Texas Democratic Party delegate? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Sen. Bernie Sanders confronted by constituents: ‘F*** Israel!’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder, says … Chris Matthews? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Decision to release details of failed raid to free James Foley backfires on White House Noah Rothman 3 hours ago