Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
YEP, a gun ban and strict gun laws don't work in one place so let's put them in place everywhere. That makes a lot of sense, to an IDIOT!!
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago