Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
YEP, a gun ban and strict gun laws don't work in one place so let's put them in place everywhere. That makes a lot of sense, to an IDIOT!!
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Putin: Yeah, we had soldiers in Crimea before the plebiscite Ed Morrissey 38 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago