Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
YEP, a gun ban and strict gun laws don't work in one place so let's put them in place everywhere. That makes a lot of sense, to an IDIOT!!
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 9 hours ago