Detroit: My City Was Gone

lpoplawski Wrote: Jul 28, 2013 2:14 PM
I agree. You drove through my old area. It is devastating to me to drive around

Detroit: My City Was Gone

lpoplawski Wrote: Jul 28, 2013 11:33 AM
But even they had to leave to succeed. They rose above their raisin', so to speak, but they still left. I was also raised by a single, teenaged, welfare mother. She made sure neither my sister nor I replicated that life, and we haven't. My mom went to college & graduated from nursing school when I was a freshman in high school. She overcame. But we all had to leave the city. Since then, I've lived in 4 areas of southern California, 3 in North Carolina, Seoul, Korea & Georgia. I've never seen a place anywhere close to the deeply entrenched racism of Detroit.

Detroit: My City Was Gone

lpoplawski Wrote: Jul 28, 2013 11:09 AM
True,very true

Detroit: My City Was Gone

lpoplawski Wrote: Jul 28, 2013 11:05 AM
I agree that the uaw drove the big 3 out but I don't think it's disingenuous to lay Detroit's problems at the feet of its racist government. They did make the city inhospitable to any industry to take the place of the auto companies. Pittsburgh had a harder time when the steel industry was decimated yet they didn't turn into Detroit. They moved on with what they were dealt. Detroit blames white people, the suburbs, the state, republicans, conservatives, everyone but themselves

Detroit: My City Was Gone

lpoplawski Wrote: Jul 28, 2013 10:58 AM
It IS a liberalism issue AND a racial issue. The city govt & it's mayor blamed whites for everything while taking their taxes, without representation. Detroit is what you get when the white people said "Fine, you want it? You got it, have at it". Then add the corruption, taxes, bureaucracy etc & you see why a black person didn't build south of 8 mile. It didn't make business sense. Detroit is a small scale version of going galt

Detroit: My City Was Gone

lpoplawski Wrote: Jul 28, 2013 10:52 AM
This is exactly how I saw through the obama bs in 2007. Detroit honed my bs meter

Detroit: My City Was Gone

lpoplawski Wrote: Jul 28, 2013 10:44 AM
Wow! We must be on some of the same comment boards or he's in my head. Lol I've written extensively about this very thing, racist govt driving business & people out of the city. When the jobs leave, people follow. Racist Coleman Young didn't want whites around and if they were, he didn't want them to have a voice. His blame the suburbanites meme still continues. There was a story on local news recently, in which a woman blamed all the syringes around her neighborhood on white people from the suburbs. I also spoke about the misnamed white flight. People of any means fled the city. People just want a safe place to live, raise their children & have safe schools. That's universal. The govt of Detroit made it impossible to do business if you didn't have graft. It drove out entrepreneurs & crushed those who tried. They seem to have this idea that if you own a business, you are rich & have bottomless pockets. If you object, greedy racist. Everything in Detroit is racist. This post would be called racist. Yes, the uaw & especially the govt unions had a lot to do with the collapse of the city but, imho, it was the govt who gave them the deals without being able to ever pay for it. I could call it a comedy of errors except it's not funny. I am a native. Born & raised in southwest Detroit (contrary to journey, there is no "south Detroit"). So the author & I would be cross town rivals lol. I attended & graduated from Detroit Public Schools. One of which required me to walk through the Cass corridor so I can definitely attest to the awfulness of that place. It was so scary for a teenaged girl walking alone, I changed schools. My parents were born in Detroit & their parents helped build the great city. All forced to flee. I left the minute I graduated & every time I come home, it's sadder & sadder. It also makes me angry because it didn't have to happen.

Takeaways from the Zimmerman trial

lpoplawski Wrote: Jul 17, 2013 3:47 PM
That's exactly it. Jeantel said when TM took off running, he made it to the back yard of where he was staying. He CHOSE not to go in. She also said they discussed the creepy @$$ cracka being a gay rapist & "all the boys & men who ain't like that be scared". TM CHOSE to go back and TRAYVON MARTIN confronted GZ, as per testimony by jeantel, who heard TM ask what's your problem. Gz says he had no problem & TM said you got a problem now. TM CHOSE to sucker punch & break gz s nose. He CHOSE to get on top of him and continue beating him. This morning I read Zimmermann hand written statement. It's online & I stumbled over it on a comment section like this. His statement describes the confrontation exactly as jeantel, the star prosecution witness says it happened!! Word for word. We may never know if TM came back for a gay bashing. We may never know if it was because he felt profiled & angry. We may never know if TM just saw a lone cracka, out in the rain with no one around & thought easy prey. He could later brag that he swung on him like he had others. What we do know is that he came back, confronted gz & assaulted him. It was heard by several neighbors & seen by one. Gz says in his statement that he yelled for help several times. No one came to his aid & he was still being hit. Then we know that he shot TM. Gz had a broken nose & cuts. TM had abrasions on his hands & bullet in his chest. All the evidence backed up his case. There were no charges until the lynch mob showed up. Suddenly there were charges! We now know that they were brought with faulty & incomplete evidence. Gz was very overcharged, based on the evidence. The fbi spent a year investigating this guy's life for some evidence he was a racist & couldn't make a case. The prosecution lost because they couldn't make a case since the evidence backs up Zimmerman. The jury did THE RIGHT THING. Now the lynch mob is out in full force demanding,as before, more trials. This is NOT American justice . This is more like mobs of the French revolution & they & the government will not be happy til they have his head on a pike.
Very true. I had a friend who married a Cuban & her sister a Puerto Rican (girls were non Latin) endless bickering. But they both agreed they hate being lumped in with Mexicans. However, the ultimate horror for all three is being mistaken for a Guatemalan or other central American.
what is sad is that if it doesnt affect them, they dont care. I cant tell you how many sneers I have gotten from those types claiming that "they arent trying to deny your right to worship". On top of it, I am Catholic, weve been hit from all sides and our leadership is just as limp as our military leadership when it comes to standing up for our rights.
long term attack on all things religious, traditional, American & military. Heck, thats my life in a nutshell lol