Businesses, as well as most nonprofit enterprises, by law are required to produce financial statements that include all of their present and expected future liabilities. On top of that, they are...
$250K is far too much to allow anyone to keep; nobody needs that much money to get by. There is no reason as to why somebody needs a big house with a garage full of new cars and caviar for dinner every night. Plenty of families do just fine on $50K per year, and others exist on much less than that. Thus, if we re-run Williams' numbers using $50K as the baseline rather than $250K, we can pay for the big govt that we all need to survive. And companies can all be nationalized, which means their profits can all be contributed to the govt without having greedy fatcats skimming huge profits to fund their Learjets and mansions. The solution is there, we just have to take control for the sake of the collective. Forward Comrades!
Is there any reason for today's Americans to care about what happens to tomorrow's Americans? After all, what have tomorrow's Americans done for today's Americans? Moreover, since tomorrow's Americans don't vote, we can dump on them with impunity. That's a vision that describes the actual behavior of today's Americans. It would be seen as selfish, callous and ruthless only if it were actually articulated. Let's look at it.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Priorities: Germany bans Uber, ride-sharing services Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Breaking: Obama approves sending 350 more troops back into Baghdad Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- ESPN poll: 71% support team keeping “Redskins” name — including 53% of liberals Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 7 hours ago
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 7 hours ago