Businesses, as well as most nonprofit enterprises, by law are required to produce financial statements that include all of their present and expected future liabilities. On top of that, they are...
$250K is far too much to allow anyone to keep; nobody needs that much money to get by. There is no reason as to why somebody needs a big house with a garage full of new cars and caviar for dinner every night. Plenty of families do just fine on $50K per year, and others exist on much less than that. Thus, if we re-run Williams' numbers using $50K as the baseline rather than $250K, we can pay for the big govt that we all need to survive. And companies can all be nationalized, which means their profits can all be contributed to the govt without having greedy fatcats skimming huge profits to fund their Learjets and mansions. The solution is there, we just have to take control for the sake of the collective. Forward Comrades!
Is there any reason for today's Americans to care about what happens to tomorrow's Americans? After all, what have tomorrow's Americans done for today's Americans? Moreover, since tomorrow's Americans don't vote, we can dump on them with impunity. That's a vision that describes the actual behavior of today's Americans. It would be seen as selfish, callous and ruthless only if it were actually articulated. Let's look at it.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 8 hours ago