As Boorstin explained, the pseudo-event was orchestrated and planned to receive maximum public attention, even if the event itself was really unimportant. Pseudo-events merely look important, because the media and the public agree to act as if they are. As Boorstin explained, the pseudo-event is not something that happens by...
Default NO, the need to pay the Interest on the Debt then pay SS benefits, the Military. Then they must decide WHO to pay with the money taken in to the Treasury. I know this is not the way these Clowns operate for the Good of the American Citizen or the Country. CUT this Monster Down that they have created. This Big, Bad, Behemoth, Bloated, Bankrupt Gimme-mint needs Downsized. To many Departments worth NOTHING.
Watching the American scene in the 1960s, historian Daniel Boorstin, invented the idea of the “pseudo-event.” The rise of television and modern mass media had produced a transformation of the news business, so that what now mattered was not if an event was important, but only if it was “newsworthy.”
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 5 hours ago