Some had been waiting for more than an hour – sitting in a line of cars that stretched for blocks. Others had arrived hours early, just to be the first in line. Local radio and morning television teased their audience with hints and sparse details before finally making the announcement. After that, the location and details spread like wildfire via text, Twitter and Facebook. What was so important that hundreds would wait in line so long? A new lifesaving medicine? Free hundred dollar bills? A fabulous celebrity cruise? No, nothing quite that glamorous. Americans for Prosperity was offering gasoline at...
And right now, economists who know nothing of prophecy, but who have the best track record of predicting such things, are practically standing on the housetops shouting the warning that a monetary collapse is coming, that we are now beyond the point of no return, that we are standing on the edge of an economic cliff, that the day of reckoning is almost at hand, which is unprecedented. Practically everyone can now see the dark clouds forming on the economic horizon--and it’s frightening.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago