It occurred during the first term of perhaps the most staunchly anti-Communist president America has ever had, Ronald Reagan, an advocate of robust military power. And how did Reagan respond? He called it a "crime against humanity," and then, um, postponed...
Irony is that Bin Laden was killed during President Obama's watch because of Policies and Procedures that Candidate Obama adamantly opposed.
On Aug. 31, 1983, a South Korean airliner flying from New York to Seoul drifted off course and entered Soviet airspace. After tracking the civilian plane for more than two hours, Soviet fighter pilots were told to shoot it down. They did, killing 269 people, including 60 Americans. It was one of the most shocking atrocities of the Cold War.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Breaking: New Ebola case in NYC Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Obama: Hey Georgia, do me a solid and elect Michelle Nunn Guy Benson 9 hours ago
- FBI warns ISIS trying to kidnap journalists abroad Noah Rothman 10 hours ago