It occurred during the first term of perhaps the most staunchly anti-Communist president America has ever had, Ronald Reagan, an advocate of robust military power. And how did Reagan respond? He called it a "crime against humanity," and then, um, postponed...
Irony is that Bin Laden was killed during President Obama's watch because of Policies and Procedures that Candidate Obama adamantly opposed.
On Aug. 31, 1983, a South Korean airliner flying from New York to Seoul drifted off course and entered Soviet airspace. After tracking the civilian plane for more than two hours, Soviet fighter pilots were told to shoot it down. They did, killing 269 people, including 60 Americans. It was one of the most shocking atrocities of the Cold War.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- NYT: Sink loss “devastating” for Democrats, was driven by ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Zuckerberg: U.S. government is a threat to the Internet Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Kerry: I’m approaching the Keystone XL pipeline with a totally blank slate Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- The government doesn’t know how many empty buildings it owns — just that they’re costing us billions Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- WSJ/NBC poll: Americans now think sugar is a bigger health threat than marijuana Allahpundit 12 hours ago