"ObamaCare is indeed "the law of the land," as its supporters keep saying, and the Supreme Court has upheld its Constitutionality." In regard to this, it should be noted that the Obama administration has repeatedly violated this "law of the land" - violated it to the extent that one never knows what the law actually means until Obama or Sibelius wakes up each day. In addition, the administration has routinely decided which "laws of the land" it chooses to enforce, thus effectively deciding where to apply it's funding resources. "But the whole point of having a division of powers within the federal government is that each branch can decide independently what it wants to do or not do, regardless of what the other branches do, when exercising the powers specifically granted to that branch by the Constitution." With regard to this, the administration's berating of the House is the pot calling the kettle black; it is the Obama-run executive branch that has repeatedly, and unconstitutionally, assumed powers of the Legislative branch.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 8 hours ago