"Ah, sixth grade. But I am restrained from any observation about youthful folly, because millions of adults agree with this kid." Too true, and sadly so. The day of the shut was replete with soundbites of "adults" whining about not being able to see Ellis Island or some other landmark, as if their vacation trumped the nation's future. A mass of the adult citizenry is actually still infantile in its thinking, a condition that suits the Left just fine, providing them as it does with dependent constituents who don't mind living in their parents' basement under their insurance until they're 26. These people then grow up to be the Ellis Island whiners and worse, the politicians who do throw infantile temper tantrums such as the barricading of the WWII memorial.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 7 hours ago