When living (if you can call it that) in Madison, Wisconsin in the early 90s, we had to fight with the elementary teachers to get them to teach third graders the multiplication tables. Instead, they were still playing with blocks to do arithmetic. The superintendent of schools actually said that memorization was overrated - that if you've memorized something, you haven't learned it. It's only gotten worse since. The Left will never learn - and apparently they don't want anyone else to learn either.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago