In a day when our culture too readily dismisses words like "valor" and "chivalry," it's worth pointing out the heroism of three men who died protecting the women they had escorted to see the midnight showing of "The Dark Knight Rises" in Aurora, Colorado.
In a cynical age where the very concept of "heroism" is too often dismissed as hopelessly naive, even the famous "women and children first" part of the Titanic story has been denigrated -- with the naysayers arguing that it happened only because the ship's captain threatened to shoot any men...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago