Obamacare’s employer mandate has small businesses scrambling to reduce their workforce in anticipation of the law’s implementation in 2014. Under the employer mandate, businesses with 50 or more full-time employees have to provide coverage or pay a $2,000 penalty for every worker minus the first 30. Growing businesses have discovered that expanding their workforce beyond 50 fulltime workers is simply too burdensome. In order to survive, many of these companies will have to either scale back the hours of existing employees so that they are no longer classified as fulltime or let them go altogether. CNN reports on how a few...
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 32 mins ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Dems accuse David Perdue of signing girl’s “torso.” Was signing insulin pump Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quinnipiac poll: Udall not gaining on Gardner in the home stretch Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- White House: Obama didn’t really mean it when he said a vote for Nunn is a vote for a Dem majority Noah Rothman 3 hours ago