Employers with fewer than 50 employees are exempt from new employer responsibility policies. They don’t have to pay an assessment if their employees get tax credits through an Exchange.
Obamacare’s employer mandate has small businesses scrambling to reduce their workforce in anticipation of the law’s implementation in 2014. Under the employer mandate, businesses with 50 or more full-time employees have to provide coverage or pay a $2,000 penalty for every worker minus the first 30. Growing businesses have discovered that expanding their workforce beyond 50 fulltime workers is simply too burdensome. In order to survive, many of these companies will have to either scale back the hours of existing employees so that they are no longer classified as fulltime or let them go altogether. CNN reports on how a few...
- Lerner speaks! (To Politico) Ed Morrissey 53 mins ago
- Panetta: Obama’s bad decisions on Syria and Iraq led to rise of ISIS Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Disaster: 130,000 refugees flee ISIS, cross into Turkey Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 17 hours ago