Employers with fewer than 50 employees are exempt from new employer responsibility policies. They don’t have to pay an assessment if their employees get tax credits through an Exchange.
Obamacare’s employer mandate has small businesses scrambling to reduce their workforce in anticipation of the law’s implementation in 2014. Under the employer mandate, businesses with 50 or more full-time employees have to provide coverage or pay a $2,000 penalty for every worker minus the first 30. Growing businesses have discovered that expanding their workforce beyond 50 fulltime workers is simply too burdensome. In order to survive, many of these companies will have to either scale back the hours of existing employees so that they are no longer classified as fulltime or let them go altogether. CNN reports on how a few...
- Meanwhile in Israel, Hamas claims responsibility for attack in Jerusalem Noah Rothman 51 mins ago
- Reuters: Suspect in Ottawa attack identified, was a Canadian convert to Islam Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- New James O’Keefe video: Lefty organizers in Colorado wouldn’t support voter fraud on Mark Udall’s behalf, would they? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- CDC: Travelers from Ebola-impacted nations will be monitored for 21 days Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Report: At least seven black witnesses have corroborated Darren Wilson’s testimony before the Ferguson grand jury Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama will not go quietly in 2016 Noah Rothman 2 hours ago