Employers with fewer than 50 employees are exempt from new employer responsibility policies. They don’t have to pay an assessment if their employees get tax credits through an Exchange.
Obamacare’s employer mandate has small businesses scrambling to reduce their workforce in anticipation of the law’s implementation in 2014. Under the employer mandate, businesses with 50 or more full-time employees have to provide coverage or pay a $2,000 penalty for every worker minus the first 30. Growing businesses have discovered that expanding their workforce beyond 50 fulltime workers is simply too burdensome. In order to survive, many of these companies will have to either scale back the hours of existing employees so that they are no longer classified as fulltime or let them go altogether. CNN reports on how a few...
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 53 minutes ago
- Watch the most infuriating interview on the Israel-Gaza conflict yet Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Wisconsin gubernatorial poll: Mary Burke 47, Scott Walker 46 Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- CNN: Obama approval holding steady … at 42% Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Uh oh: Democratic senator from Montana accused of plagiarism in Army War College assignment; Update: I had PTSD, says Walsh Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Obama orders American ‘military advisors’ to support Ukraine against pro-Russian rebels Noah Rothman 4 hours ago