The financial crisis is over and the recession ended in 2009. But one of the federal government's biggest social welfare programs, which expanded when the economy convulsed, isn't shrinking back alongside the recovery.
Enrollment in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, as the modern-day food-stamp benefit is known, has soared 70% since 2008 to a record 47.8 million as of December 2012. Congressional budget...
In response to:
heck - while we're at it; let's pass medicare part D and not pay for it!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Sebelius: Why, no, we have no idea who’s paid for their ObamaCare plans Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Tesla: Chris Christie’s administration just blocked us from selling our cars in New Jersey Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Obama to Putin: It’s not too late to rethink this Crimea thing, you know Allahpundit 12 hours ago