For laughs, consult top producer Cappy McGarr, who insisted Ellen wasn't picked for political reasons: "The Kennedy Center is apolitical. We have had so many people who have their own brand and type of humor. We don't pick winners because of any advocacy they do. It is all about...
Well, I don't know about "sacred cow". You got the cow part right.
The PBS broadcast of the Kennedy Center's Mark Twain Prize on Oct. 30 was a festival of tributes to Ellen DeGeneres -- which is fine, since she is quite talented comically. But it wasn't so much a tribute for the comedy as it was for her pioneering work promoting homosexuality.
- GOP Senate candidate’s ad: Meet the doctor who saved my baby’s life Allahpundit 32 minutes ago
- Rand Paul: I think Republicans may have over-emphasized voter fraud Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Fatah, Hamas announce reconciliation pact, new elections Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Just a reminder: Lindsey Graham’s probably going to get reelected Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Tom Steyer: I am absolutely nothing at all like the Koch brothers Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Video: AFP launches ObamaCare attacks on four vulnerable Senate Dems Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago