The ability of women to participate in combat is a wonderful accomplishment. I come from a long line of women that were fighters against amazing odds, they got the job done. I'm more concerned with the gutless men and women in Washington that will not do the right thing no matter how dire the final outcome is from each day wasted. Sure, we are settling into a "feel good" era now where backers of the President toss out superlatives about a job market that saw 8 million human beings flee, and GOP lawmakers keep caving on things they used to fight...
There is no doubt in my mind that women can do anything they set out to do, my concern is for men that were always told "never hit a woman", and it was their job to protect her. That attitude will have to go away. The "Julie" Obama used for his freebie government programs made women seem like little damsels in distress that needed support, and couldn't afford their $9 month birth control. We can't have it 2 ways. Can anyone imagine Julie getting drafted, if the draft ever came back? Do we want men to think of women as a target, or do we expect a man to jump in front of her before the bullet hits? Do we protect our women, or think nothing of her bleeding on a battle field? I don't want to be Julie, but I don't want to be in a fox hole!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 8 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 10 hours ago