The ability of women to participate in combat is a wonderful accomplishment. I come from a long line of women that were fighters against amazing odds, they got the job done. I'm more concerned with the gutless men and women in Washington that will not do the right thing no matter how dire the final outcome is from each day wasted. Sure, we are settling into a "feel good" era now where backers of the President toss out superlatives about a job market that saw 8 million human beings flee, and GOP lawmakers keep caving on things they used to fight...
There is no doubt in my mind that women can do anything they set out to do, my concern is for men that were always told "never hit a woman", and it was their job to protect her. That attitude will have to go away. The "Julie" Obama used for his freebie government programs made women seem like little damsels in distress that needed support, and couldn't afford their $9 month birth control. We can't have it 2 ways. Can anyone imagine Julie getting drafted, if the draft ever came back? Do we want men to think of women as a target, or do we expect a man to jump in front of her before the bullet hits? Do we protect our women, or think nothing of her bleeding on a battle field? I don't want to be Julie, but I don't want to be in a fox hole!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 8 hours ago