We were inspired by Climateer Investing's summary of the econoblogosphere's ongoing analysis of the increasing level of disability fraud in the U.S., where hundreds of thousands of people would appear to be ending up after their extended unemployment insurance benefits expire, to ask two new questions: which Americans are benefiting from the fraud and how are they getting away with it?
To answer the first question, we started with the annual age distribution data that the Social Security Administration publishes on the number and age of that agency's disability benefit recipients. Starting with the pre-recession years of
- The left’s war on football Noah Rothman 42 mins ago
- Does the Left really reject Hillary? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Australian raids net more than a dozen terror suspects before planned wave of attacks Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago