As if Congress needed any more obstacles to resolving the fiscal cliff (and the expiring continuing resolution, and the looming debt limit), a brewing fight over filibuster rules in the Senate threatens to obliterate the upper chamber's traditional comity that has greased the skids of compromise for generations. We've been covering this particular controversy over recent weeks -- and dating back years, really -- so feel free to brush up on what's at stake and why both sides are digging in their heels. Cliffs Notes version: Harry Reid is an obtuse and tyrannical majority leader, whose strong-arm...
In response to:
We don't need it to be eliminated. We just need it to be returned to the "filibuster", not the fake version where you just pretend to filibuster and everyone goes home for the day.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- At Ohio State, you may be guilty of sexual assault if… Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Actress Daniele Watts handcuffed for failing to show ID to police Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen to six years in a labor camp Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Poll: Americans have little confidence in Obama’s ISIS ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- NFL Week 2 open thread Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago