They've been given an inch and now they're taking a mile. As we've reported here at Townhall, Democrats promised to cut spending as part of the fiscal cliff deal, so long as tax rates went up on the "rich," or in other words, anybody who earns a paycheck. As a reminder, the fiscal cliff deal gave us $41 in tax hikes for every $1 in spending cuts. On top of that, let's not forget about the $1 trillion ObamaCare tax hike also buried in the fiscal cliff. Now, Democrats are planning to squeeze taxpayers for another cool $1 trillion...
In response to:
According to Grover Norquist, the recent law that was passed actually decreased taxes. You can't have it both ways, guys.
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 40 minutes ago
- Jeb Bush announces: I’m officially thinking of running for president Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Udall’s first ad in Colorado: The war-on-womenizing we’ve been waiting for Erika Johnsen 2 hour ago
- Video: DNC 2016 convention bid invites go to Las Vegas, and … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- GOP Senate candidate’s ad: Meet the doctor who saved my baby’s life Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Rand Paul: I think Republicans may have over-emphasized voter fraud Allahpundit 4 hours ago