The Republican controlled Michigan legislature passed right-to-work legislation late Tuesday morning as union members loudly protested inside and outside of the Capitol in Lansing. Michigan Democrat Rep. Douglas Geiss threatened on the House floor this morning "there would be blood" if the legislation passed. Riot police have been on the scene since early this morning bracing for violence.
The Michigan House Democrats reiterated their threat on their Twitter page, but have since deleted it.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 12 hours ago