re: the vacuous/hollow braying claim of Obama's creating 4.5 million new jobs Per the BLS---> Actually, only 300,000 private sector jobs NET have been created since the ObaMessiah was inaugurated, and overall the economy has LOST 300,000 jobs net (despite population growth...over 1 million immigrants alone each year) because of state and local public employment losses, even though Obama has swelled the number of federal bureaucrats by 400,000. Almost $1 TRILLION squandered for "stimulus"? For "shovel-ready jobs"? WHERE?!
Jim Lehrer was effective in one area as the moderator of the first Presidential Debate of 2012. That is, he convinced the audience to not be a factor by remaining generally quiet. While he was not very effective in controlling the candidates, Lehrer’s style seemed to work out well in facilitating his primary goal of drawing out ideological contrasts.
- Snowden Q&A overshadowed at SXSW by … Girls Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- Russian ambassador: We’re making it easier for Latvian ethnic Russians to get citizenship Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Let the primaries begin: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz battle over foreign policy Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- True Detective finale: greatest miniseries end ever? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CPAC: Winners, losers, or just a debate? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago