Not all kings were part of the descent. Jehoash, Amaziah, and Azariah, for example, all “did what was right in the eyes of the Lord,” except for one thing: “The high places were not removed; the...
In response to:
I have not been on TH in a while...still mourning after the election. Bill O'Reilly is essentially correct...we might have crossed a threshold where we now have too many net takers-- JUST AS THE LEFT HAS INTENDED ALL ALONG! They WANT us to become a European socialist state. Never mind that Greece, Spain, etc., shout out the tragic error in that path. We already have $84 TRILLION in unfunded commitments for S.S. and Medicare alone! So we allow the takeover of H/C and 1/6 of the economy?! Obama can run the guvment for just 8 days(!) via "taxing the rich" as he proposes. Indeed, we DO NOT have a taxing problem-- but we DO HAVE an egregious spending problem!
The second book of Kings in the Old Testament is a usefully depressing history on national decline. It starts with fire coming down from heaven to convince a king, and Elijah ascending to heaven via chariots of fire. It ends with the former king of Judah taken into captivity and dependent on the ruler of Babylon, who condescends to give him an allowance.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014