Only six of our grandchildren made the trek south, because so many of them had...
One thing that continues to amaze me about the ObaMessiah is his supposed "personal popularity." Even by the low standards of politicians he is a shameless liar and hypocrite. He brays about bipartisan, balanced approaches, then laughs off the opposition positions. His irresponsible Big Guvment agenda was soundly clobbered in 2010, then his leftist con man team sucked in the gullible low information voters for re-election. Of course, it did not hurt his errant cause that the nonfeasant media were in the tank to an egregious, seemingly unbelievable degree.
PAWLEYS ISLAND, S.C. -- It seemed like a good idea at the time. After Christmas, my wife, Betsy, and I planned to head south to this lovely barrier island in the South Carolina Lowcountry. Our plan included celebrating New Year's quietly with as many of our kids, their kids and our friends as possible and then returning to Virginia. It was supposed to be the antithesis of Times Square. Like so many of the best-laid plans of mice and men, it didn't turn out quite as expected.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago