Last week, the Department of Homeland Security released their statistics on the illegal immigration for 2010. According to DHS, the total illegal population went down less than 1%, from 11.6 million at the beginning of the year to 11.5 million by the end. However, in the state of Arizona, the illegal population declined from 470,000 to 360,000; a decline of 23%. In April of 2010 the Arizona legislature passed SB 1070 to crack down on illegal immigration in the state. While parts of the law were blocked by a federal judge, illegal aliens in Arizona are getting the message that they...
Tommy wrote: ILLEGAL immigration simply continues to grow the American "poverty class." This places a bigger demand on government services. We can never "Stop poverty as we know it" (LBJ's Great Society) when we keep allowing the importation of more poor. I support LEGAL immigration IF they: Come here educated and promptly learn English. Submit to a background check, and agree that they are not eligible for any government hand-outs for at least 5 years after filing tax returns. The path to legal citizenship should be streamlined, as it is currently slow, expensive and frustrating. (sounds like a normal government program) The test should be: Is this immigrant good for OUR country, NOT, is this country good for the immigrant?
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 17:1-9 Ed Morrissey 51 minutes ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago