In 2008, a perfect storm developed for Barack Obama: an economic crisis, which was effectively, though unfairly, blamed on Republicans; war fatigue, which had been stoked by six years of Democratic anti-Bush propaganda; a messianic illusion personified in Obama, who was promising incomprehensibly wonderful yet undefined change and utopian-level bipartisanship; and a Republican opponent who all but forfeited the election to Obama...
re: It was NOT conservative policies that caused the economic crash, and the stimulus did NOT work. Raising taxes on the wealthy is NOT the solution to any economic problems. *********** What REALLY tanked the economy in 2008 was the Left's failed egalitarian theory which REQUIRED sub-prime mortgage lending to the lower 1/3. The idea was that they would then segue into the Middle Class. This got force under Slick Willie Clinton when his real father, Janet Reno, THREATENED lenders who did not comply with the left's CRA lending demands. I was a senior level banker with major banks for many years-- a simple truth: many people are not credit-worthy for mortgages, or loans period. Barney Fwank, Chris Dodd, etc., CAUSED the crash!
I want to give you an updated list of reasons I believe that Mitt Romney will win the election Tuesday. So much information, so much confusion, so much uncertainty. But I don't think it's so complex as it seems.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 10 hours ago