Unions of public employees were ILLEGAL until JFK first allowed them as payback for the union votes in the razor close election 1960...it was one of a number of his blunders. The nation had done VERY well for almost 200 years w/o such unions...now we have communities and even states in dire straights even as we have cops and firefighters making 6-figure incomes with H.S. educations and retiring after as little as 20 years. Public fiscal challenges? Well, DUHHHH!
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014