Obama's assessment of the economy reminds many of 2008 Republican presidential candidate John McCain's characterization of the economy. In September 2008, the investment firm Lehman Brothers was collapsing. Wall Street was shaking as the yet-to-be-declared recession deepened, but McCain said: "I think,...
The Obamanators are coming across as negative, carping, condescending, and divisive-- NOT what people got conned with last time. Wha' happened to the hopey-changey stuff?! How 'bout no lobbyists? Post-racial presidency? An end to partisan rancor? Liberal desperation can become an ugly thing indeed. Renowned Liberal Hubert Humphrey (then speaking of newly-elected Jimma' Carter, whom he disliked): "There is a difference between the ability to gain election and the capacity to govern."
After President Barack Obama said, "The private sector is doing fine," he later quickly regrouped. "The economy is not doing fine (emphasis added). That's the reason I had the press conference." But Obama said he was particularly concerned about losses in the public sector. The cluelessness is absolutely stunning. Obama is wrong about both the private and public sector.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago