In debate this time around, Mitt Romney hammered Barack Obama mercilessly. Under the ongoing assault Obama's knees buckled and he repeatedly looked glassy-eyed. If the contest were a prizefight, the referee would have stepped...
As the ancient Greeks intoned---> nothing in excess; everything in moderation. IF the ObaMessiah, the Wizard of Ozbama, the Pied Piper of Unwanted Changes had done a better job as a chief executive (his FIRST EVER attempt at being an exec of anything!...he had never led even a boy scout troop), nobody would care that he loves golf and takes VERY expensive vacations on the taxpayer. Michelle especially has shocked long-time WH staffers with her lavish vacation spending...remember, "Let them eat cake!"? She stays only in 5 * hotels and the most expensive home rentals with a HUGE retinue/coterie of 400 cling-ons.
Reviewing the last few months of this tumultuous presidential campaign, I see the debates as having a wondrous salience. The first was the most momentous since Nixon vs. Kennedy, though that 1960 confrontation was mostly a matter of cosmetics. Listening to it on radio, many in the audience came away thinking that the participant with the five-o'clock shadow had won. That would have been Richard Nixon.
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 48 mins ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 4 hours ago